Healthy eating gets even more important as we get older.
The Aspen Tree, which cares about nutrition for older adults (http://bit.ly/2UdJUoN), is delighted to recommend 5 snacks that are both delicious and nutritious.
- Crispy Fish: Calcium makes this snack a treat for your bones and teeth too, helping prevent osteoporosis.
- Grass Jelly in Low-Fat Fresh Milk: Replace condensed milk with low-fat fresh milk and add no more than a dash of sugar and you’ve got a yummy snack complete with protein and calcium.
- Dark Chocolate (70% up): Flavonoids in chocolate feed your brain, strengthen your heart, improve your mood, and reduce your cholesterol levels.
- Wholewheat Cracker + Organic Fruit Jam: Fill your stomach between meals with a bite with carbohydrate and vitamins (jam is sugar-free).
- Job’s Tears: This highly nutritious cereal helps you digest and cuts cholesterol. It’s rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals, calcium, and phosphorus, nourishing your bones and brain.